Thursday 15 January 2015

The next step in the journey!

Hey everyone! Did you miss me? 

Normally I would say "sorry" for my absence here but a wise man once told me never to say sorry for that which you cannot control. I have been away for a little while due to life.
Life is a hard thing, I have a diploma on the go, I work full time, I have an 8 month old puppy who never stops, a love life, a social life, a home to care for as well as my own workout regime. Wow, that's a lot of stuff now I have written it down, how do I do all that? I think that I am truly beginning to understand all that my parents did for me and my sisters (as well as all the pets). Anyway there is my explanation to you all. Have a nice picture of my puppy:


So here is the big surprise I said I would have for you all! - I have pre-written several posts and you will be bombarded with posts this week. For the next 5 days I will release a new blog post :). So let's get on with it. I last left you when I finally started sorting through dads notes so that you could see what he was up to before he got 'on the radar'.


29th May 2014 - Coastal path to lands end then finally trevedra:

Dad didn't seem to have many thoughts on this day and wrote: "lesson number 3: don't go off to quickly" I'm not completely sure what this means, anyone want to take a guess? Comment below. I am going to assume that dad started walking to fast and got tired quickly. Remember that he has a stupidly heavy backpack at this point!

30th May 2014 - Coastal path to St Just:


"Decided Friday will be my 'bimble day' as my legs are being beaten to within an inch of failure by my eagerness to get better" I guess I was right about dad walking too fast. "I walked past a cow with the biggest, sharpest horns I have ever seen! And for the first time in my life I feared not!!" For those of you who don't know, dad is afraid of cows...pretty much any farmyard animal I think. I believe that he is slowly getting better with them which is great because he loves animals in general. I couldn't tell you exactly why he has this fear, all I know is that when he was young he was butted by a goat and scared up a tree by a sheep, yes LITERALLY up a tree! I'll have to ask him if anything happened with a cow.
He has also written on this day that is was the first time he contact help for heroes and received £15 in donations, another chance for me to make a sneaky shout out to help for heroes who have helped my dad tremendously over his journey. Thank you so much.

31st May 2014 - Coastal path - zenner point:


This particular entry made me giggle as he starts off with "I found Wally!! Apparently he is an 84 year old man that lives in pendeen and he gave me £5 for a nip of rum." What a kind man, I have found that the older generation come in types - those that are wonderfully friendly and tell you loooong stories about the war are the best type. I won't talk about the other types as that would be mean ;).
He continues with the funny: "I saw a sea lion sleeping today he, or she, looked a bit grumpy but fat and lovely...like me!" Oh that did make me laugh. Bless you dad you are no sea lion. You are a gorilla!! :D

And on that note it is time for me to stop (run away before dad can get me). I hope that you enjoyed this post and look forward to seeing me much more this week ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment